Sunday, August 16, 2015

My Dressmaking Course

 I've always wanted to learn how to sew properly. And it's so hard to find a school that teach sewing. So I found a school "BESTECH SALITRAN Dasmariñas Cavite" near me,  that teaches technical course that is accredited by TESDA.

BESTECH focus more on actual learning, and I have learned a lot. I enrolled back in May and Finished in August. I took the once a week class, that's the only free time I have cause I am a working single mum.

On the other hand, I bought a descent sewing machine and his name is Brother Louie, and yes his name was taken from the song of Modern Taking - Brother Louie Louie Louie.

My teacher advise me to use a good portable sewing machine that I can use properly on sewing clothes that's why I bought the Brothers sewing machine. Cause Kahlan ("JML Easy Stitch Sewing Machine"), my old sewing machine I bought from Acehardware is not as good as the Brothers sewing machine. Though Kahlan, can sew clothes, Brother Louie's performance is sewing is absolutely good. I have Kahlan since 2010 and I was able to sew a few doggie clothes with her.



Part of the reason why I took this course is to sew more matching clothes for me and my daughter. I also wanted to sew her uniform in school like my granny did to me.  And as of the moment because of my busy schedule, I have made us only a super cute matching shorts.


I have learned the basic and I am still planning to take another advance course for sewing, and I am currently findng another school that is affordable cause I am so poor lol.

No comments: